GRAD DATES CHANGED:
GRAD TICKET INFORMATION:
Your student in Grade 12 is eligible to take part in the Recognition Ceremony on May 27, 2020 and as of midnight February 28, 2020 you will be able to purchase tickets.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- Students need to complete their Grad Ceremony Write-up. Information was sent to all Grade 12 students last week with a Google Classroom link to complete this requirement. This link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bUvFXeTQgpgbx0dRwEPIYFhv9TuuoK0okF_CE6yqsnI/edit
- Do not contact UVic in regards to purchasing tickets. Ticket price is $7.00/ticket.
- Payments for this first ticket offering are due by March 13, 2020
- Complete this Grad UVIC Ticket Form 2020 and submit to Karen Winfield, Accounts Office, Mount Doug High School.
- Make your payment via School Cash Online or by cash or cheque payable to “Mount Doug High School” and deliver to Karen Winfield, Accounts Office.
- Documents will be stamped in the order they are
- The order received will be used by the UVic Ticket Centre to allocate best available
- UVic will process the distribution of ceremony tickets. Tickets will be sent to the graduating student from the UVic Ticket Centre via their SD Learn email provided.
- Any special requests for seats must be indicated on this form (Split Seats, Mobility, )
GRAD WEAR: Did you child miss out on GRAD 2020 Wear? You are in luck. There are a few grad items still available to purchase from our winter Mount Doug Wear. Please see attached photo. Whatever we have available is in the display case. Contact Mrs. Parkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAD FEES: We still have some graduating students that have not as yet paid their $65.00 Grad Fee. Please pay this fee at your earliest opportunity, on our Mount Douglas Cash Online or bring the funds directly to our school accounts office. Grads will not be allowed to buy a Grad Lock-In ticket if their grad fee is not paid by Feb 10th.
GRAD LOCK-IN: Our Grad Lock-In is happening for our Graduating Students on Friday, February 21st at Mount Douglas from 7:15 pm – 11:45 pm. This is a night of fun and Grad Class Bonding. We will be having colour teams and cheers (you can sign up with a buddy), fun games of physical and intellectual skill, door prizes (top prize $100.00 gift card), food and refreshments, more fun, and we will end with an entertaining 1 1/2 hour professional hypnotist show. Always a hilarious and memorable night! All grads love this night. They will not want to miss it!
Ticket Sales: Regular Price is $12.00 but….. Early Bird SPECIAL… Friday, Feb 7th at lunch or after school ONLY $10.00! Regular ticket price of $12.00 Monday, Feb 10– Thurs. Feb 13.
THE MAGIC WAND project for grads
Need something to wear for Grad?
Magic Wand will help make your dreams come true.
Providing new and like-new gowns, tuxedos plus accessories, to borrow for a small fee.
Anyone is eligible., & offers an eco-friendly & inexpensive alternative to prom outfits.
NO STUDENTS SHOULD MISS THEIR GRADS.
Visit our website – themagicwandproject, or e-mail email@example.com for an appointment.
All Grads are required to submit a grad quote for Yearbook. Here is how to do it:
1) Get your Grad PIN.
Yearbook students have visited the majority of Grade 12 Block C Classes to give students their Grad Pin, if you have a spare or miss the presentation for any reason, you can email Carol Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org or message Carol Zhao on facebook to get your Grad Pin.
Select your name from the drop down menu and enter your Grad Pin to log in.
3) Submit your Grad Quote, Vote for Most Likely To’s and Upload a Baby Photo
Once you are logged in the website will prompt you to submit a grad quote, vote on the most likely to’s, and upload a baby photo.
4) The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 13th.
Sept 3-30: $65.00 Grad Fee Paid Online, Grad Registration/Grad Gown Online. https://sd61.schoolcashonline.com/
If unable to pay online then bring payment and grad gown form to our accountant.
Sept 24-27: Grad Spirit Week
Nov 5: Mountain West Photography opens online sign up for grad photos. mountainwest.ca – then selecting (BOOK a PHOTO SESSION) at the top of the page.
Nov 25-Nov 29: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm. Grad Photos by Mountain West Photography. (Location TBD)
Dec 2 – Dec 13: Grad Sponsored Fill the Foyer Food, Cash and Toy Drive Charity Campaign
Dec 6: Grad Winter Semi-Formal UVIC Commons Banquet Room (5:30 – 10:00)
Jan 14: Grad Photo Re-Takes (11:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Feb 12: Important Grad Assembly in the gym. All Grads must attend. Grad 2020 Information Slideshow – Grad Assembly February 12, 2020
Feb 21: Grad Lock-In at MD (7pm -midnight) (Professional Hypnotist, Games, Fun Activities, Food)
April 1: Block B Valedictorian Speeches in the gym. All grads attend.
April 9: Grad Ceremony Student Write-Ups due!
April 15: Grad Gallery Event in the gym
June 23: Grad Recognition Ceremony Rehearsal at UVIC 10 am – noon.
June 23: Grad Recognition Group Photo 5:20pm, Ceremony, Reception at UVIC 6:00pm – 9:30 pm
June 24: Grad Group Photo 5:00pm (Location TBD) and Dinner/Dance at The Delta Ocean Pointe Resort at 6:00pm