April was a whirling, exciting month and here is a quick recap of what Leadership students did:
- Helped out at the Mustard Seed and Our Place Society weekly
- Sold an impressive amount of baked goods to fundraise for the BC Children’s Hospital
- Ran awesome social events such as the Spring Dance on April 3rd; thanks again to all parents who helped out
- Ran a very successful School & Community Clean up on April 22nd
- Lent a hand to Campus View, a local elementary school, with their Earth Day event
- Coordinated Badminton and Basketball Intramurals; congratulations to all players for their victories!
- Gave much-deserved brownies and heartfelt cards to all Mount Doug staff on Teacher Appreciation Day!
- Were great ambassadors for guests from Thailand visiting Mount Doug!
- Attended the Yes BC conference at Claremont to learn even more about environmental issues
- Honoured to have city counsellor Lisa Helps present to the class
- Celebrated Easter at lunch with an Easter Cake Walk that was a big hit with great tunes!
- Ran Sign-ups for 30 Hour Famine–application due before May 9th to enjoy a fun, activity filled night on May 15th, as well as help raise money for world hunger relief
- Formed a new Spirit Team with plans to bring simple & exciting new activities to encourage even more Mount Doug spirit!
- Celebrated birthdays from September to December
Thanks to all the Leadership students for making April an amazing month!