The Old Building
Click the year links for memories contributed by Mount Doug’s alumni.
- September – Mt. Doug opened its doors for the first time. Mount Douglas High School was located on Cedar Hill Road where Cedar Hill Middle School is located today. Mr. Bert Bailey was the principal.
- November 18 – Official opening ceremony.
- September – Eric Forster became principal.
- Gordon Head Junior Secondary was opened in the building today we call Mount Doug.
- Darrell Latimer and Victor Erb, grads of 1965
- Stephen Hume grad of 1966
- Roy Gunter-Smith grad of 1967
- June – Eric Forster retires as principal
- September – Mr. Jack Lowther becomes principal.
- Mike Kneebone grad of 1969
The New Building
- Mount Doug switched buildings June of this year.
- Gordon Head Junior Secondary was split into Arbutus Junior Secondary and Cedar Hill
Junior Secondary while Mount Doug transfered from Cedar Hill to where it currently is.
- This was a newer building with more and better facilities.
- Monty Fulton was hired as new art teacher.
- Michael Heinekey, Harry Mueller, Bill Johnston grads of 1972
- Val Scott grad of 1973
- Mark Law grad of 1975
- Mr. Brown was the acting principal for one year.
- Jack Lowther retries as principal in June.
- Wally Russell was the new principal in September.
- Don Newmann became principal.
- Gloria Metzger first female principal at Mount Doug.
- Meva Sundher became the new principal.
- Keith McCallion became the new principal in February.
- John Fawcett became the new principal.
- Rob House was Acting Principal.
- Shawn Boulding became the new principal in August.
- Tammy Sherstobitoff is the principal as of August 2018.