History

The Old Building

Click the year links for memories contributed by Mount Doug’s alumni.

1931

  • September – Mt. Doug opened its doors for the first time. Mount Douglas High School was located on Cedar Hill Road where Cedar Hill Middle School is located today. Mr. Bert Bailey was the principal.
  • November 18 – Official opening ceremony.

1939

1960

  • Gordon Head Junior Secondary was opened in the building today we call Mount Doug.

1965

  • Darrell Latimer and Victor Erb, grads of 1965

1966

  • Stephen Hume grad of 1966

1967

  • Roy Gunter-Smith grad of 1967

1969


The New Building

1970

  • Mount Doug switched buildings June of this year.
  • Gordon Head Junior Secondary was split into Arbutus Junior Secondary and Cedar Hill
    Junior Secondary while Mount Doug transfered from Cedar Hill to where it currently is.
  • This was a newer building with more and better facilities.
  • Monty Fulton was hired as new art teacher.

1972

  • Michael Heinekey, Harry Mueller, Bill Johnston grads of 1972

1973

  • Val Scott grad of 1973

1975

  • Mark Law grad of 1975

1976

  • Mr. Brown was the acting principal for one year.

1979

  • Jack Lowther retries as principal in June.
  • Wally Russell was the new principal in September.

1986

1991

1998

2004

2006

2010

2011