It is the mission of Mount Douglas Secondary School to help each and every child realize his or her full potential and become a responsible and productive citizen and life-long learner who is able to use technology effectively and appreciate the multi-cultural society in which we live as we prepare for the challenges of the twenty-first century.
- learning requires the active participation of the student
- people learn in a variety of ways and at different rates
- learning is both an individual and a group process
- there are no rewards without effort (Nulla Praemia Sine Opera)
- learning is enhanced when the environment is safe, caring and encouraging (Excellence through Caring)